Τρίτη 26 Απριλίου 2011

PRAWNS WITH RICE AND A TOUCH OF OUZO

Past week was the easter.I don't really like easter, because we can't eat meat .In my home my mother doesn't like to eat meat so she asks me to cook non meat or dairy products . So i am limited to asian style or mediteranian dishies.

I woke up in the morning found 10 euros to buy ingridients  i added 4 euros from my coin keeper and set sail to the market. I so in the fish market i have an old college that now owns a fishshop ,i went there to see if there was anything intresting, but the olny thing i found there were prawns. I though good now limited options i got a little frustrated. But when i stayed there for for chit chat my friend bring ouzo to have something with the chit chat.You'll think of your self ouzo in the morning shouldn't the had coffe instead ? First it was noon and 2nd we're greeks get used to it .

After that i returned to home a bit tipsy , but then it struck me , the prawns of my hand , the taste of ouzo in my  mouth and the sight of shreaded coconuts that was there and me telling : now you 3 play together while i am geting ready . An idea was born what if i make a sause out of bisk ouzo and coconut ?  i look up my notes for a special rice to go with and behold .



So what i used was :
Rise basmati
Olive Oil
Garlic
Ginger

Prawns
Bisk
Onion
Shreaded Coconut
Ouzo
Spearmint

salt n pepper

What i did was:
First i took a pot and put the rise in it then i put enough water to cover it and 1 inch higher to the level of rise
then i added some oil garlic shreaded ginger salt n pepper and there is a trink now
i putted the pot on full heat and when it came to boil i turned lower to the pilot and let it alone for 30 minites
after that i took the rise out of the pot into a wooden basin and colded like the same way you do when you make shushi rise that way it makes the rice better of frying it later in the pan with the sause and prawns.

Then in a pan i sauted the prawns and the i added the onion until golden , after that i poured about a glass of ouzo and twice as much of bisk some salt to taste and let it boil for 5 minutes . When reduced i added the coconut and some freshly choped spearmint  let it for 3 minutes more till i added the rise and mixing it very well. before serving i remove the prawns so i could easily divided among portions so we could all eat of 4-5 prawns .

thats it enjoy it for now see you soon

PS. thanks to spiros my best friend for the picture  i hope he will help me again and again and again

1 σχόλιο: